Welcome to the 16th day of Baking Mania. Ahh 10 more days to go. Thank you for all your wonderful comments and likes. I am yet read other blog posts. Will do that soon. Again thanks for the support.
Puff Pastry sheets are life savers. It has become a mandatory item in my grocery shopping. With the puff pastry you can do loads and loads of recipes. Veggie puffs, the pesto rolls, samosas, jam pastries and what not? This dish is a kids delight. Its a semi home made recipe which can be arranged in less than 15 minutes and when baked to 30-35 minutes, you are done. When you are not able to prepare pizza from scratch, this recipe will come in handy. And this is a great way to sneak in vegetables also.
You can prepare the same dish completely from scratch including the pizza sauce. For this one I went with store bought ones.
- Puff pastry sheets – 1 sheet
- Pizza / pasta sauce – 1 cup
Your choice of vegetables. I used
- Spinach – 1/2 cup
- Mushrooms – 1/2 cup
- Mozzarella chunks as required.
- Olive oil for greasing
- All purpose flour for dusting
- Thaw the pastry sheets to room temperature. I usually keep them out for about 40 to 50 minutes. But you can microwave also to bring it room temperature.
- When they are at room temperature, spread it nicely on a clean surface sprinkled with APF.
- At this stage pre heat the oven to 375 degree F.
- Roll them nicely and cut them into 6 equal pieces.
- Now spread the pizza sauce on the pieces and add the veggies and mozzarella chunks.
- Close them and repeat the same.
- Place these puffs in greased tray and bake it for up to 30-35 mts.