So this is the second week of blogging marathon and I have chosen this week’s theme to be “Kids Anniversary Party”. So basically I will be posting kid’s friendly dishes which can be made in bulk easily for any party. Here I am starting with an starter.
Basically for kids party, apart from food you need do a lot of stuff. You need to find a way to keep them all engaged, planning activities and games etc. So I want my food to be simple and which can be made fast but not compromising the taste. Also I am all up for semi home made too like this starter pesto rolls. I am using the store bought pastry sheets and you can use home made too. Basil – Tomatoes and Mozzarella cheese is an awesome combo. Who would say no when baked as a roll?
- Pastry sheet – 1 (1 pastry sheet yields 10 rolls)
- Pesto – 3 tbsps
- Mozzarella cheese – 1 cup
- Sun dried tomatoes – 1/4 cup (Fresh tomatoes may become too watery, so going with sun dried also it gives smoky taste to it. You can also use cherry tomatoes)
- All purpose flour – 2 tbsps
- Soak the sun dried tomatoes in hot water for 20 minutes and chop them.
- Make sure the pastry sheet is in room temperature or easy to handle with.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree F.
- Dust the board with all purpose flour before your spread the pastry sheets.
- Use the rolling pin and make the sheet even.
- Now apply the pesto evenly as the first layer.
- And then spread the cheese evenly and then the tomatoes.
- Roll the sheets and cut the horizontally to make rolls as in the picture.
- Now bake them for up to 25 – 30 minutes till they turn golden brown.
And thats it yummy, pesto rolls are ready. If you notice the actually work time is very less. Its the prep time and bake time which takes longer. But meanwhile you can make your main course which I will be posting tomorrow.
Submitting this post for Blogging Marathon #45 – A 3 day marathon for 4 weeks
Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#45
Submitting this post for Kid’s delight anniversary party.