Yayyyy.. I did it. I did it. whooooo :-) :-) (Thats my whistle he he) I completed my second blogging marathon. Explored a lot and at the same time learnt a lot. So here we are on the last of this baking marathon. As its DFT thursday I am going for a healthy snack.
We all love to have something crunchy during tea time. With diabetic eating smaller portions helps a lot. So two snacks becomes very important. When it is baked and when it has the goodness of peanuts, flaxseeds and oats its hard to resist. It is a simple recipe which can be done under 30 minutes. I wasn’t sure if peanuts can be used for diabetes, but this article helped me to understand and yes peanuts can be used for diabetic patients. You can find the health benefits of flax seeds here.
Baked Masala Peanuts with Flax seeds and Oats-- Diabetes Friendly Thursdays
- Raw peanuts with skin – 1/2 cup
- Flax seeds – 1 tbsp
- Oats – 1 tbsp
- Besan/Gram flour – 2 tbsps
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Red chilly powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
- Fennel powder – 1 tsp
- Water – 3 tbsps
- Oil for spraying
- Rice flour – 1 tsp (Optional)
- Mix all the ingredients by adding adding the water.
- The mixture should be thick and not watery.
- Now line the silicone mat or parchment paper in a cookie tray and spray some oil.
- Spread the mixed peanut mixture in the tray.
- Bake it for 13- 15 minutes until the peanuts are light brown, crispy and crunchy.
- Don’t bake for more than 20 minutes.
Enjoy with hot tea. :-)
Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist or dietician. My knowledge and information is based on my research and reading from different resources. Please consult your doctor or dietician before making any changes to your diet.
Other Entries from this week DFT featuring more snacks.