Before bidding goodbye to 2017, I would like to look back as usual. Following the tradition of 2014,2015,2016, here is my retrospective post or a short recap of my blogging journey in the year of 2017. But before, I would like to thank all my readers, friends, and family for the strong support and for trying my recipes and sharing your thoughts and comments. If not for you all, I wouldn’t have been able to continue this journey for 8.5 years.
In 2016, I took a simple resolution of following this 5E – Explore, Experiment, Enjoy, Execute and Evolve. And I am happy to say that I observed that 95% and also going to follow the same in 2018 too. Overall 2017 turned out to be great with quite a few changes. I am humbly honored with these few features and nominations. Thank for all the support and motivation.
- I did two month long marathons in 2017. In April I explored and experimented different bakes from 26 countries, and in September I explored different lentil recipes from our Indian States.
- Talking about experimentation, I tried several videos for which I used iPhone, Google Pixel, my DSLR and Go Pro. I think I found the one that I like, but I still have a long way to go in the video recipes. I hope to learn more and evolve in that area in 2018.
- This year I attended my first food blogging conference and made a lot of friends and learned a lot too. I am looking forward to few more discussions next year.
- Coming to the changes, after contemplating a lot, I bought the SSL certificate and made my blog secured.
- Instant Pot became my very best friend in 2017, and I am obsessed with it.
Somethings didn’t go as planned and here they are. I am confident that I can get back to these this year.
- My gardening series didn’t go well as planned. I just share my gardening experience once in 2017, and this is because I was experimenting a lot and before putting out on the blog I wanted to be sure. I hope this year I can get back to my gardening series again.
- I am a firm believer in the principle “Content is Gold.” I wanted to get back to few of old recipes and capture new pictures. I did for a few, but not all. :-)
- I had a difficult time in managing the time for social media. I was juggling with Pinterest, Instagram and Google Plus especially collections. But I kept the momentum going, and hopefully, I can continue the same in 2018.
Here are my Top 5 posts for 2017 as per Google Analytics.
- Instant Pot Sambar
- Ricotta Cheese Rasmalai
- Instant Pot Rice and Walnut Kheer
- Vegan Mango Mousse
- Instant Pot Tomato Pappu
I don’t know what 2018 has in hands for me and my blog but as I mentioned before I am going to follow the same 5E principle – Explore, Experiment, Enjoy, Execute and Evolve. :-)
See you all in 2018 with the new recipe and non-recipe posts. Once again thank you all for your terrific support and wishing you all a happy and a prosperous 2018.
Sending this to Valli’s Best of 2017 event.