Happy March! A new month and a new meal planner. Here is my upcoming vegetarian meal planner with a lot of vegetables and mixed grains.
PS – Like last week, I have just mentioned grain in this week’s meal planner too. You can pick your favorite ones like millet or quinoa or hand pound rice or other preferred ones. Also, for roti, I am using whole wheat flour. You can use mixed flour and make colorful rotis.
As I mentioned in my previous meal planners, I have started my home remodeling series post. So far, I have posted about why we started the remodeling and things to consider before remodeling. Please do check it out.
And this is my 20th meal planner. I can’t believe I have shared 20. Thank you for all your comments. Your encouraging comments keep me going. There is no doubt about it. Once again, my heartfelt thanks. You can find all my meal planners under my meal planners category link.
I want to increase our vegetable intake, and this is another veggie-loaded meal planner like this planner that I posted in September. Also, like last week, I have included afternoon drinks in this one as well.
PS – These beverages are mostly for us than for the kiddo. :-) You can relish them as a mid-morning drink or as afternoon drink instead of your tea or have them along with your lunch. I am trying to avoid my caffeine intake, so I relish these drinks around 2 PM.
Now back to this week’s meal planner without idli and dosa.
Meal Planner For March 1st Week-
Weekend Meal Prep-
- Chop all the required veggies. You can chop mushrooms and bell peppers the day before. This time I got sliced mushrooms, and I usually chop bell peppers over the weekend during winter. But summer I cut it just the day before or as required.
- Make sure you have sufficient yogurt for buttermilk.
- Soak black chickpeas and let it sprout for the Kala channa chaat or make sure you soak it the day before.
- Make bitter gourd gojju
Now here are details and the recipe links. I have highlighted the fruits and vegetables that I have used.
Veggies – Bittergourd, cabbage, and zucchini
Fruits – Strawberries
- Starting the week with filling puttu.
- For lunch, it is going to be the Kongunaadu special, arisi paruppu sadam. Instead of rice, I am going to use millet, and I am going to pair it with cabbage curry.
- And for snacks, it’s strawberry with lemonade. I add a tsp of chia seeds.
- For dinner, it is bitter gourd gojju. I usually make it like my wild lemon gojju style with freshly ground spice powder. The salt and jaggery amount slightly differ, though. I will post the recipe soon. I am pairing it with cabbage curry and zucchini kootu.
Veggies – Mushroom and mixed vegetables – carrots, green peas, potato and zucchini for kurma
Fruits – Avocado, strawberries and dry fruits (figs)
- Planning to make avocado toast for us and creme cheese toast for the kiddo. I love to sprinkle some Trader Joe’s chili-lime-pepper seasoning on my toast. For kiddo’s one, I just spread some creme cheese on a toast and add some strawberries.
- Lunch is the mushroom cheese quesadilla.
- For a snack, it’s mixed dry fruits and nuts with buttermilk.
- Dinner is roti with mixed veg kurma and mushroom stirfry.
Veggies – Bell Peppers. Carrots and cucumber for the chaat.
Fruits – Apple
- I am planning to make overnight oats for us and a pesto sandwich for the kiddo.
- Lunch is again roti with leftover kurma.
- For the snack, it is an apple with cold tea. I like Tazo passion fruit decaf tea. I brew it in the morning and let it cool. You can find my recipe here.
- For dinner, it’s rice/grain with trevti dal, bell peppers curry, and kala chana chaat.
Veggies – Carrots and Cucumber
Fruits – Tomato
- As always, my Thursday meals are without onion and garlic. I am planning to go with pongal and gojju for both breakfast and lunch.
- Snack is parboiled carrots and cucumber along with buttermilk. I don’t prefer raw carrots for snacking, so I parboil them.
- For dinner, it’s arisi upma with tomato gojju and chutney.
Veggies – Spinach, Potato + bell peppers, carrot, cucumber for the salad
Fruits – Apple
- As always, it’s a paratha Friday, and this week it’s the paneer paratha with raita and mixed veg salad.
- Snack is apple and lemonade. I love lemonade with rose syrup. It’s easy to make, but it is exotic for sure. Give it a try, and I am sure you will love it.
- I usually don’t add Friday dinner on my menu. But starting this week, you will find the Friday dinner menu also. This week it’s the simple rasam with spinach kootu and potato curry.
I hope this menu planner helps, and you all can draw some inspiration. If you have any questions, please leave a comment below. I will share the daily updates on my Instagram and my FB group. So stay connected!
If you like this meal planner, then you will like this bean, veggie, and fruit loaded meal planner and also this semihomemade meal planner.
Leave a Reply