Hummus is a very versatile dip which can be used for lot of things. Its a simple recipe with garbanzo beans loaded with protein. I use as a dip for veggies, chips and also hummus is used for pita pocket wraps and also in the regular sandwiches. It is very versatile and you can keep adding flavor to this simple recipe. Hummus means chick peas and it is a popular Egyptian dip and today its very popular across the globe.
I follow Ina Garten’s recipe for this hummus. I use both garbanzo beans and white sesame seeds and also I reduce the amount of garlic though. To this you can add roasted red bell peppers, white onions, parsley and what not? Sky is the limit so play with it. But here is my simple recipe,
- Garbanzo beans – 1 oz can
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp
- Red chilli sauce – 2 tsps
- Paprika – for drizzling
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Roasted sesame seeds – 1 tbsp
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Dry roast the white sesame seeds.
- Wash the garbanzo beans and drain the water.
- Now add all the ingredients except the paprika including the oil and blend well.
- If required add 1 tbsp of water but not more than that.
- That’s it. Yummy hummus is ready.
- You can opt for dry garbanzo beans also. Soak them overnight and pressure cook them for up to 3 whistles.