Welcome to the 9th day of Baking Mania.
Thanks a lot for all your support. I never thought eggless bakes would become this popular. Thanks for all your comments, likes and messages. Lot of new friends via this baking event too. I don’t know why I didn’t post them earlier. Better late than never. For me this event is a learning process. Next week I will be posting some interesting stuff which I learnt from the BM group.
Ok now coming back to the post, I think all of us are enjoying the spring break. :-) If you are planning any baking activity with kids, this would be your perfect choice. A simple cookie where in the kids can help you with creating thumb impression and fill the holes with jam. This time I am using apple sauce as an egg replacer. I took the base recipe from food network website. But I replaced the egg though and also I didn’t bake along with jam. I baked the cookies first and then filled it with hot jam.
Eggless Jam Cookies
- All purpose flour – 1.75 cups
- Baking powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Butter – 1.5 sticks or 3/4 cup
- Sugar – 2/3 cup
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Unsweetened apple sauce – 1/4 cup
- Any fruit jam – 1/2 cup or as required (I used kissan mixed fruit jam)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt together in a bowl.
- In another bowl, whip the butter and the sugar with a hand-held mixer until fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Now add the apple sauce and vanilla essence until just combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix them well till they are incorporated.
- Scoop the dough into small balls and roll them into your favorite shapes. I did round one.
- Place about 2-inches apart on the prepared baking sheets.
- Press a thumbprint into the center of each ball and you get help from your kiddo.
- Bake cookies for about 15 minutes.
- Let it cool. Meanwhile microwave the jam for a minute and add the jam in the middle of the cookie where we did the thumb impression.
Thats it yummy, jam cookies are ready.