Welcome to the 11th day of Baking Mania.
Back to my favorite savory bakings. I was thinking for couple of minutes if I should name it as stuffed baked okra or baked stuffed okra. Finally went with alphabetical order. :-) I love roasting and baking veggies in oven. As mentioned before its a total time saver. I love stuffed brinjal or as we say in Tamil Ennai Katharikai. Similarly I wanted to try it out with Okra too. I used the same masala and then used the store bought masalas to do this dry curry in the oven. This is perfect side dish for roti or Kadi chawal or even with Avial. As you are only slitting the okra, there is no big chopping work also. Here is the recipe.
Baked Stuffed Okra / Ladys Finger
- Okra / Lady’s finger (try to get small ones) – 1/2 lb
- Oil – to drizzle ( 1 tbsp + 1 tsp)
For the the stuffing:
- Coriander / Dhania powder – 2 tbsps
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Red chilly powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
- Salt 1.5 tsp
- Pre heat the oven to 375 degree F.
- Clean the okra and chop the ends. Just slit them 3/4 lengthwise and keep it ready.
- Mix all the masalas given under “for stuffing” and mix well.
- Now fill the mixed masala into the okra. (1/2 tsp of the masala should be sufficient)
- After filling place them in cookie tray covered with foil or parchment paper.
- Drizzle some oil and mix them.
- Bake for 25- 30 minutes till they turn crisp.
- Don’t bake for more than 30 minutes.
- If required drizzle a little more oil after 15 minutes.