Welcome to the 5th day of April Baking Mania :-)
I love Haldiram’s chats especially the moong dhal chat. In one of the FB groups, I saw someone posting this recipe and went through that and thought of trying it out right away.It didn’t happen and when I wanted to try I forgot how long to soak and microwave it ;-) When I searched for that recipe again in the FB group, I couldn’t find it. :-( Thats the problem with big groups. So I tried couple of times and finally got the timing and recipe right :-) So the base recipe credit goes to the blogger who posted in the FB group. Here is my version. As there is a soaking time, please plan accordingly.
Note: Depending upon your microwave powder setting the time might vary.
Microwave Moong dhal chat
- Moong Dhal – 1/2 cup
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Chat masala – 1 tsp
- Jal jeera Masala – 1 tsp (I love this masala, the sweet and sour taste gives a kick to the dish ;-) )
- Red chilly powder – 1/2 tsp
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Soak the moong dhal for at least 30 minutes.
- Drain the water and pat it dry. This is the hard step. Try to keep it dry as much as you can.
- Spread it nicely in a microwave safe plate and microwave it for one minute.
- Now take it out and add all the masalas and oil and mix well.
- Spread it nicely and microwave it again for 5 minutes but do check for every 2 minutes and mix well.
- Basically you need to microwave till they turn golden brown.
That’s it. Yummy Microwave moong dhal chat is ready. Enjoy with a tea and of course a book. :-)