As the Navratri festival spans this week too, here is my simple Indian meal planner with some no onion and garlic recipes. In the first two days, the recipes are with no onion and garlic and with some comforting, simple meals for the rest of the week.
I hope you all are enjoying the Navratri/Dussera festival. I am having a blast with friends visiting, Golu hopping and lots of sundals. That said, I couldn’t strictly follow last week’s meal planner. I had to change my menu here and there. But I am so glad that I ended up using all the vegetables and also followed the no onion no garlic menu.
PS: I did make the green masala sundal, and I shared it on my IG, and oh boy, it was a massive hit in my house as well as among my followers. Many tried and shared their pictures, as well. I will be sharing the recipe soon. Stay tuned.
This Week’s Meal Planner:
- Now coming to this week, Monday and Tuesday, I have no onion and garlic meals as Navratri is till Tuesday. Overall I kept this week’s menu simple. I opted for veggies that we can chop quickly and also simple tiffins like adai.
- I usually soak for adai (lentil dosa) in the morning before going to work and grind it in the evening and make the adai right away. I don’t let it ferment. Hence I did not include soaking lentils as the prep-work. But you can soak the lentils overnight and grind in the morning also.
- I was making colored rotis with rotimatic, and it’s been ages since I made stuffed parathas. Starting this week, you will see stuffed paratha on my menus regularly.
As the weather changes, I will be including more stews/soups on the menu. So stay tuned!
Now without any further ado, here is this week’s simple meal planner. Check the recipe links below for each day.
- Field Beans Sundal (I have linked to garbanzo beans sundal. Replace garbanzo beans with field beans)
- Tamarind Rice
- Garbanzo Beans sundal
- Sambar (skip the onion if you are planning to make it without onion)
- Beans Curry (replace French green beans with long beans)
- Roasted Makhana
- Coconut Chutney
- I don’t have a paneer paratha recipe on my blog. I will be updating it soon. But you can check the mooli paratha recipe on my blog, though.
- Potato Curry
I hope you are all finding these meal planners useful. If I have missed any recipes, kindly let me know. Also, please share your feedback and thoughts.
Leave a Reply