Welcome to the 14th day of baking.
Garbanzo beans falls under the legumes family and has high protein and fibre with low calories. You can read its nutritional analysis here. The WH foods also recommends these beans. Its a perfect diabetic friendly legumes. So I am submitting this recipe for Sonal’s DFT. Diabetes Friendly Thursdays
Creating Recipes with a Cause!
If you want to be a DFT blogger, then please save the badge above and read this link, for more information.
I love falafels and I have already posted my pita pocket salad recipe here. These falafels go well with the pita pocket salads. I don’t want to deep fry falafels for my salad. So these baked ones are the best for my salads. You get protein from these, carbs from the pita pockets and enough vitamins from the greens and salad. A well balanced meal Here is the recipe.
Baked Falafel -- Diabetes Friendly Thursdays
- Garbanzo beans – 1 can (14 oz)
- You can home made also. Soak the beans overnight and pressure cook it for up to 3 whistles.
- Half of medium onion finely chopped
- Finely chopped cilantro – 1/2 cup
- Two cloves of finely chopped garlic
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Dhaniya / Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Red chilly powder – 1 tsp
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree F.
- Pulse the garbanzo beans into a coarse mixture.
- Now add the other ingredients and mix well.
- Wrap the aluminium foil in a cookie tray and spread oil.
- Make small round balls from the mixture and placed them in the greased tray.
- Bake it for up to 25 – 30 minutes till turns nice brown color.
Disclaimer: I am not a dietician. Please consult doctor before getting into any diet.