I love cucumber in any format be it in raita or in pachadi or in pickles or in sandwich or just as plain. Its a very light veggie loaded with water and its a perfect coolant. Tzatziki is a famous Greek dip served along with their main course. I just love it and the addition of dill add more flavor to it. I feel like dill has the flavor of fennel leaves but both are unique. I love dill and just add it in upma and variety rice. In Tamil its called Sada Kuppi but we have never used it in when I was in India. I started using dill only after coming to US. My two favorite things in a sauce it can’t go wrong right? Here is the simple Tzatziki sauce recipe. Its a no stove recipe.
- Cucumber – 1
- Finely chopped mint leaves – 1 tbsp
- Finely chopped dill – 1 tbsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Black pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Greek Yogurt – 8 oz cup
- Peel and grate the cucumber.
- Now add all the ingredients together and mix well.
- Adjust the salt and lemon juice according to your taste.
- That’s yummy dip is ready.
- Cucumber - 1
- Finely chopped mint leaves - 1 tbsp
- Finely chopped dill - 1 tbsp
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Black pepper powder - 1 tsp
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Greek Yogurt - 8 oz cup
Peel and grate the cucumber.
Now add all the ingredients together and mix well.
Adjust the salt and lemon juice according to your taste.
That’s yummy dip is ready.
You can also add grated garlic to this recipe but I skipped it.
Also if you are not able to get greek yogurt make sure your yogurt is thick and creamy.
Adapted from Greek.food.com