Here is a super simple smoothie prepared with all my favorite fruits – Mango , Pineapple and Lychee. This is a super cool and a sweet combination and with the addition of chia seeds and protein powder it becomes a perfect breakfast smoothie.The sweet and sourness of mango and pineapple with refreshing lychee is an amazing combination.
Yesterday I posted the Strawberry smoothie with ice-cream. Today I am back with my healthy smoothie with chia seeds. Oats, Flax Seeds and Quinoa are quiet popular these days as they help a lot in balancing the diet. Now the new mantra is detox diet and detox drinks and I see lot smoothies with chia seeds. (I am not doing any detox diet or as a matter of fact any kind of diet.)
When I read about chia seeds, I was super amazed by its health benefits. So we started using them more often in our day to day diet. Chia seeds are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. You can more details in this website. Chia seeds are like our falooda seeds and when you soak them in water, they enlarge (double the size) and forms like gel. You can add these gel to your drinks/smoothies or you can add chia seeds directly too. In this smoothie I directly added chia seeds. I didn’t soak them in water separately because I usually prepare this for the breakfast and we have it at our work. So by that time, the chia seeds enlarges and forms the gel.
So here is the recipe:
- Mango – 1
- Pineapple – 1 cup chopped
- Lychee – 3 (deseed and chop them roughly)
- Chia seeds – 1 tbsp
- Protein powder of your choice – 1 scoop (as per the label measurement, I used vanilla flavored one)
- Water – 1 cup
- Blend everything together in a regular blender and thats it yummy smoothie with chia seeds its ready.
- If required add sugar and adjust the water as per your consistency preference.
- Protein Powder is completely optional
- Mango - 1
- Pineapple - 1 cup chopped
- Lychee - 3 deseed and chop them roughly
- Chia seeds - 1 tbsp
- Protein powder of your choice - 1 scoop as per the label measurement, I used vanilla flavored one
- Water - 1 cup
Blend everything together in a regular blender and thats it yummy smoothie with chia seeds its ready.
If required add sugar and adjust the water as per your consistency preference.
Protein Powder is completely optional
Submitting this post for Blogging Marathon #43 – A 3 day marathon for 4 weeks
Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#43