Everytime I walk into my grocery I see these different varieties of pumpkins, acorn squash, butternut squash and what not. So I thought why can’t try a pumpkin cookie for the road trip. I love pumpkin pie, so thought of using the same spices. Basically this recipe is inspired from here and instead of whole wheat flour, I am using quinoa flour. And I went ahead and made my own pumpkin puree. As I am using quinoa flour, added additional sugar too. Also I am not using the chocolate chips but you can use either white or brown chocolate chips or instead use walnuts also.
Eggless Pumpkin cookie with quinoa flour
Prep Work: (If you are not using canned pumpkin puree)
Cut half of pumpkin, deseed and peel the skin. Chop them into chunks and microwave them for 5 minutes or let them boil for 5-7 minutes till they become tender. Let them cook and puree it.
- Quinoa flour – 3/4 cup
- Regular oats – 1/2 cup
- Cane sugar – 1/2 cup
- Baking powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Ground cinnamon – 1 tsp
- Ground nutmeg – 1/2 tsp
- Ground ginger – 1/4 tsp
- Maple syrup – 1/4 cup
- Pumpkin puree – 1/2 cup
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- Sunflower oil – 1.5 tbsp
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F and grease a cookie sheet or cover it with parchment paper / aluminum foil.
- In a bowl combine flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, salt, and spices (dry ingredients) and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine maple syrup, pumpkin, and vanilla, oil and mix well. (wet ingredients)
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, and mix them well.
- Using a rounded tablespoon, drop dough onto prepared baking sheets, and flatten slightly.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, or until edges begin to turn golden brown.
Let it cool and pack them in an air tight container or ziploc and thats it you are all set.
It exactly tastes like pumpkin pie, so you can add whipping cream on top, if you want too. :-)
Submitting this post for Blogging Marathon #46 – A 3 day marathon for 4 weeks
Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging marathoner doing BM#46