I wanted to prepare one Mexican combo for this week’s theme. That’s when I got this recipe from my colleague – Quinoa and spinach burrito. The recipe was super simple and very healthy so I thought of trying it right away for the International combo. And you know what prepared a huge batch of my slow cooker rajma so thought using the rajma gravy instead of boiled/canned beans. To my surprise Spinach and quinoa cooked with a hint of oregano and combined with rajma was really great. My sous chef, Mr. Vaandu approved it ate one whole burrito without any complaints and made feel proud. (Touch-wood)
What I did for this recipe was,
- Cook the quinoa.
- Heat the skillet and sauté the onions and spinach with little oil and oregano.
- Now loads these in the warm tortillas. I had guacamole with me so I added one layer of this quinoa spinach mixture, rajma, guacamole and cheese and rolled it up. That’s it.
You can find the tortilla chips post here.
Quinoa - Spinach - Rajma Burrito
- Corn Tortillas - 6
- Quinoa - ½ cup
- Spinach - 2 cups
- Left Over Rajma - 1 cup or as required
- Guacamole - 6 tbsps 1 tbsp for each tortilla
- Shredded Cheese of your choice - 6 tbsps or as required
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Water - 3 cups
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Oregano - 2 tsps
- Red Taco Sauce - 2 tsps
- Cumin powder - 1 tsp
Preparing the Quinoa Filling
- Soak the quinoa in 1.5 cups of water for 20 minutes and rinse well.
- Cook the quinoa in wide vessel on stove top by adding 1.5 cups and salt. Cook till the quinoa becomes soft and fluffy.
- Now heat the kadai and add oil.
- Once the oil is hot add the spinach and sauté it for couple of minutes.
- Now add the cooked quinoa, oregano, Red sauce and mix well.
- Cook till the water is all evaporated. The burrito filling is ready.
Arranging the Burrito
- Warm the tortillas and place the quinoa filling in one end of the tortilla.
- Next top it up with 2 tbsps of rajma, then the cheese and Guacamole.
- Now slowly fold the edges and roll them up as burritos.
I am not a nutritionist. The nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. It varies depending upon the product types or brands.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 56
[inlinkz_linkup id=533195 mode=1]
Mireille Roc (@ChefMireille) says
what a healthy combo
Suma Gandlur says
I am just loving the title itself. These tacos are loaded with all the healthy ingredients.
Delicious na healthy filling meal. Love it.
That is a healthy & filling Mexican meal. Looks awesome.
Sneha datar says
Healthy and delicious stuffing in the burrito.
That is truly a healthy filling there for the burrito.
A healthy and protein rich burrito nice one…
:-) :-) Thanks
Gayathri Kumar says
This would make a nice filling meal. Both the burrito and chips look inviting..
Nice combo and would love to try those soon.
Vaishali Sabnani says
Very interesting combo !..The wrap must have been rather filling..looks lovely.
I love burritos..makes a great meal in itself right…very nicely paired with chips..
wow great combo of quinoa, spinach and rajma… yummm..
Simply Tadka says
Completely healthy version of wrap with filling of quinoa and rajma.. awesome
Check my recipes @ www.simplytadka.com
All those healthy ingredients went into the burritos makes me hungry again, would love to munch those baked tortilla chips, such an interesting combo meal.
:-) Thanks Priya
A healthy burrito and a nice way to use up left over rajma curry.. :)
very nice filling and like the idea of serving with tortilla chips
That is very interesting stuffing with quiona and rajma.Very nice combo.