I wanted to prepare one Mexican combo for this week’s theme. That’s when I got this recipe from my colleague – Quinoa and spinach burrito. The recipe was super simple and very healthy so I thought of trying it right away for the International combo. And you know what prepared a huge batch of my slow cooker rajma so thought using the rajma gravy instead of boiled/canned beans. To my surprise Spinach and quinoa cooked with a hint of oregano and combined with rajma was really great. My sous chef, Mr. Vaandu approved it ate one whole burrito without any complaints and made feel proud. (Touch-wood)
What I did for this recipe was,
- Cook the quinoa.
- Heat the skillet and sauté the onions and spinach with little oil and oregano.
- Now loads these in the warm tortillas. I had guacamole with me so I added one layer of this quinoa spinach mixture, rajma, guacamole and cheese and rolled it up. That’s it.
You can find the tortilla chips post here.
- Corn Tortillas - 6
- Quinoa - 1/2 cup
- Spinach - 2 cups
- Left Over Rajma - 1 cup or as required
- Guacamole - 6 tbsps 1 tbsp for each tortilla
- Shredded Cheese of your choice - 6 tbsps or as required
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Water - 3 cups
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Oregano - 2 tsps
- Red Taco Sauce - 2 tsps
- Cumin powder - 1 tsp
- Soak the quinoa in 1.5 cups of water for 20 minutes and rinse well.
- Cook the quinoa in wide vessel on stove top by adding 1.5 cups and salt. Cook till the quinoa becomes soft and fluffy.
- Now heat the kadai and add oil.
- Once the oil is hot add the spinach and sauté it for couple of minutes.
- Now add the cooked quinoa, oregano, Red sauce and mix well.
- Cook till the water is all evaporated. The burrito filling is ready.
- Warm the tortillas and place the quinoa filling in one end of the tortilla.
- Next top it up with 2 tbsps of rajma, then the cheese and Guacamole.
- Now slowly fold the edges and roll them up as burritos.
You can add salsa to the filling too.