I wanted to prepare one Mexican combo for this week’s theme. That’s when I got this recipe from my colleague – Quinoa and spinach burrito. The recipe was super simple and very healthy so I thought of trying it right away for the International combo. And you know what prepared a huge batch of my slow cooker rajma so thought using the rajma gravy instead of boiled/canned beans. To my surprise Spinach and quinoa cooked with a hint of oregano and combined with rajma was really great. My sous chef, Mr. Vaandu approved it ate one whole burrito without any complaints and made feel proud. (Touch-wood)
What I did for this recipe was,
- Cook the quinoa.
- Heat the skillet and sauté the onions and spinach with little oil and oregano.
- Now loads these in the warm tortillas. I had guacamole with me so I added one layer of this quinoa spinach mixture, rajma, guacamole and cheese and rolled it up. That’s it.
You can find the tortilla chips post here.
- Corn Tortillas - 6
- Quinoa - 1/2 cup
- Spinach - 2 cups
- Left Over Rajma - 1 cup or as required
- Guacamole - 6 tbsps 1 tbsp for each tortilla
- Shredded Cheese of your choice - 6 tbsps or as required
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Water - 3 cups
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Oregano - 2 tsps
- Red Taco Sauce - 2 tsps
- Cumin powder - 1 tsp
Soak the quinoa in 1.5 cups of water for 20 minutes and rinse well.
Cook the quinoa in wide vessel on stove top by adding 1.5 cups and salt. Cook till the quinoa becomes soft and fluffy.
Now heat the kadai and add oil.
Once the oil is hot add the spinach and sauté it for couple of minutes.
Now add the cooked quinoa, oregano, Red sauce and mix well.
Cook till the water is all evaporated. The burrito filling is ready.
Warm the tortillas and place the quinoa filling in one end of the tortilla.
Next top it up with 2 tbsps of rajma, then the cheese and Guacamole.
Now slowly fold the edges and roll them up as burritos.
You can add salsa to the filling too.