Methi Malai mattar is a rich dish with cream and cashews. As it is rich it doesn’t mean that it is a difficult dish to prepare. Once you have your methi cleaned and chopped you can prepare this dish quickly. I am using frozen peas here so it makes it much easier. You can go with fresh peas also. Peas don’t take that long to cook so it doesn’t matter either way. A great dish that goes well with parathas and rotis. Here is the big bunch of methi leaves that I got from farmers market.
- Big bunch of methi – approx. 2 cups
- Frozen Peas – 1 cup
- Heavy cream – ¾ cup
- Oil – 1 tbsp.
- Cashewnut – 10 nos
- Poppy seed – 2 tsps.
- Medium sized Onion – 1
- Cinnamon – 1 inch stick
- Cardamom – 2
- Cloves – 3
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Green chillies – 2
- Water – ½ cup
- Remove the methi leaves from the stems, clean them and chop them roughly.
- Soak the cashwenuts and poppy seed in water for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat the kadai and add the half of the oil.
- Once the oil is hot add the chopped onions, slit green chillies, cinnamon, cardamom and cloves
- and fry them till they are golden brown.
- Let it cool and grind them into a fine paste.
- Also grind the soaked cashwenuts and poppy seeds.
- Heat the same kadai and add the remaining oil.
- Now add the grinded onion mixture and cook for couple of minutes.
- Add the peas and sprinkle some water and cook for couple of minutes.
- Then add the methi, mix well and cover and cook for three minutes.
- Now add salt and grinded poppy seed and cashew paste and ¼ cup of water.
- Let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Finally add the heavy cream and after a minute turn it off.
That’s it. Yummy methi malai matar is ready. #Methi
Submitting this post for Blogging Marathon #50 – A 3 day marathon for 4 weeks
Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging marathoner doing BM#50