We are in the fourth week of this month’s blogging marathon. This week’s theme is “Breakfast from different countries”. This is yet another difficult theme for me as I had to look for eggless recipes. But then when I was looking at our typical breakfast I realized that we are having breakfast from different countries each day. :-) Waffles which is a typical Canadian breakfast is kiddo’s favorite. Our weekend Pancakes from US is everyone’s favorite. Of course I can’t skip our Poha and Idly and Dosa from our own country. The oats porridge that I take daily is a Scotland’s favorite breakfast recipe. Our yet another treat French Toast is an European favorite. See I am done with my 5 days recipe. ;-) The sixth one is going to be a secret.
So let me start with typical US breakfast – the famous Pancakes. Everyone in US would visited IHOP (International House of Pancakes). Pancakes loaded with syrup and orange juice.. yum yum yum..
Here is my eggless fluffy pancake recipe,
- All Purpose Flour -1 cup
- Sugar – 2 tsps
- Cinnamon powder – 1/2 tsp
- Baking powder – 2 tsp
- Milk – 1 cup (I used 2 %)
- Water – 1 tbsp
- vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
- Oil / Oil spray for preparing pancakes + 1 tbsp
- a pinch of salt
- Mix the flour, sugar, cinnamon powder, baking powder and the pinch of a salt.
- Now add the wet ingredients slowly. Vanilla Extract, Milk, Water and Oil and mix well.
- Let it sit for 20 minutes.
- Now heat the tawa or pan and spray it with oil.
- Add a ladle full of the pancake batter in the pan.
- Let it cook for a minute till the color changes. It will start forming bubbles on the surface and slowly puff up.
- Now flip it and cook the other side for 30 secs.
That’s it. Pancakes are ready. Enjoy it with your favorite fruit and syrup.
- You can replace APF with wheat flour.
- Add fruits of your choice and make it more healthier.
Sending this entry for Valli’s breakfast event.