This week theme is “Beating the summer for kids”. Errr seems like summer is already here in bay. No spring at all. Its pretty warm here. So I went ahead with theme. :-)
Cuties are California Oranges/Clementine that is available from November to April. It’s available in abundance now. When my colleague explained this recipe, I wanted to try it right away. Usually I make cuties and grape fruit juice. Love the bright orange color and fresh homemade juices are always good. This time I thought why not try these chocolate cuties. A simple recipe and a 3 ingredient fix. All you need is cuties, chocolate bar and some crushed pistachios.
As we love fresh juices, I did make some fresh juice with cuties and grape fruit. Basically used 5 cuties and 1 grape fruit. No sugar or honey required. Homemade Vitamin C loaded juice is ready.
Now here is the chocolate cuties recipe.
- Cuties – 2 to 3
- Chocolate bar – as required. I used one big diary milk silk bar (cut into small chunks)
- Crushed pistachios – 3 tbsps
- Boil water in a wide vessel and once it starts to boiling place another bowl on top and add the chocolate chunks. (The double boiler method)
- Let it melt.
- Mean while peel the orange skin and any big fibers and place in a parchment paper.
- As soon as the chocolate melts, dip the cuties half way through and place in the parchment paper.
- Do one by one and then drizzle the crushed pistachios on the top.
- Let it set for 30 minutes and that’s it yummy dessert is ready.
This is perfect for parties and potlucks too.
Submitting this post for Blogging Marathon #50 – A 3 day marathon for 4 weeks
Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging marathoner doing BM#50