Ugadi (New year) is just round the corner. We celebrate both tamil new year and also ugadi. Here comes one the must have dishes of ugadi.
Neer mor or majjige as we say in kannada, not only a ugadi dish, a best coolant agent for summer season. Also we used to do neer mor on the chitirai tiruvizha day.
The simple receipe is as below:
- Thin butter milk – 3 cups
- Green chilly – 1
- Ginger – 2 inch
- Cilantro leaves – 2 tbsps (finely chopped)
- Curry leaves – 1 strand
- Green mango – 1 tbsps (finely chopped)
- Salt – 1/2 tsp (as required)
- Oil – 1tsp
- Mustard seeds – 2 tsps
- Hing – 1 tsps
This tempering is optional too. If you want oil free, just add the hing and don’t do the tempering.
- Crush the ginger, green chilly and add it to the butter milk.
- Add the cilantro, curry leaves, mango and salt and mix well.
- Heat the oil in the tempering kadai and add mustard seeds and hing.
- Once mustard seeds splutter add them to the butter milk.
- Thats it.. Mix well and neer mor is ready to serve.