For the third day I am preparing my one of my daily breakfast – oats porridge. I prefer liquids and semi liquids for my breakfast. Either my breakfast smoothies with protein powder or gruel or this porridge. We all know health benefits of oats. Oats cereal has loads of soluble fiber which helps to reduce the cholesterol and also aids in weight loss. A healthy breakfast and keeps you full. I am content and satisfied with a cup of oats porridge and with a cup of fruit. Yet another grab and go breakfast.
In this recipe I am using milk and sugar but you can also go for buttermilk and salt. Both really tastes good. I use the steel cut regular oats. These little chewy and takes some time to cook. You can also go for instant oats. I prefer it this way.
Here is the recipe,
- Oats – 1/2 cup
- Water – 2 cups
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Sugar – as required (I like cane sugar)
- A dash of cinnamon
- Raisins – 1 tbsp
- Soak the oats in water for at least 15 minutes.
- Crush the oats with you hand and mash it well in water.
- Now add this oats mixture to a heavy bottomed vessel and cook till the oats are done.
- Now let it cool and add the milk, sugar and cinnamon and mix well.
- Add some raisins and enjoy it hot.
- As I mentioned before you can use instant oats instead of the slow cooking one.
- To this porridge add any of your favorite seasonal fruits.
- If you want thin consistency add more milk or buttermilk and adjust sugar/salt quantity accordingly.
Sending this entry for Valli’s breakfast event.
[inlinkz_linkup id=533219 mode=1]