One more week and we will be stepping into 2015. I don’t know where and how 2014 went. A year with lot of ups and downs but for my blog it has been a great year altogether. It took me 5 years to write 100 posts but it took only less than 6 months to write 93 posts. You can clearly see how this year has been for me. I wasn’t planning to do a retrospective but when I received the email about “Best of 2014 ” from my BM group, thought why not? Looking at the positives is always good. So here I am. As I don’t want to write as paragraphs, I am doing my year of blogging in bullets.
- Obviously I was able to spend lot of time for my blog.
- The major change that happened this year was moving my blog from blogger to WP and getting my own domain.
- I am not able to say my top visited posts as I lost all my stats while moving from blogger to WP. I am not regretting about that. Moving to WP helped me a lot and expanded my blogging world and got lot of friends.
- If I remember correctly, these were my top favorite posts – chow chow kootu, Quinoa green gram dosai and all breakfast smoothies.
- Got personal emails and comments on my recipes. I am so glad that people are trying out my recipes.
- Successfully participated in 3 blogging marathons. As it was 3 days in a row for 4 weeks, it wasn’t that difficult but it did help explore new foods and of course learnt a lot.
- Apart from recipe post, I tried some non-recipe posts like product reviews, book talks and about gadgets I use.
- The best of 2014 in my opinion is the release of my postpartum recipe eBook and it was possible only via IMC and their team. Tons of thanks to them.
I think I have done enough self-promotion.
My plans/resolutions for 2015, you can see them on Jan 1st. Hope you all had a terrific year and wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. See you all back in 2015. :-) :-)
Image Source : www.picjumbo.com
Lovely recap of the past year. Hope the new year brings you even more success.
Thanks and wish you the same.
Srivalli Jetti says
That’s nice to read Srividhya..it’s been wonderful to have you in BM..and congrats on the eBook..that’s awesome..
Thanks Srivalli :-)
Traditionally Modern Food says
Advance happy new year:-)waiting to wish u in person
Thanks n me too :-)