We are using Quinoa for the past three years. I justused to cook it along with rice. (If I am planning to cook, 2 cups of rice, I would add 1.5 cups of rice and 1/2 Quinoa). It has become very popular here in US. They are different type of Quinoa, but so far I have used only the regular white one. Then I started experimenting Quinoa by adding it in salads and in some other rice recipes. Even they they were a hit, but nothing got hit like this one pesarattu or dosa..
I got this recipe from my colleague. Quinoa and green gram, what a combo?? A healthy and a yummy tiffin with high protein and low carbs.
- Quinoa(white) – 1cup
- Green Gram dhal (patchai payaru, green moong dhal) – 1 cup
- Green chilly – 1
- Ginger – 1 inch piece
- Chopped onion – 1/4 cup (Optional)
- Salt – to taste
- Oil for preparing dosa.
- Soak quinoa and green gram dhal for 4 hours
- Wash them well and grind it along with green chilly and ginger.
- Add salt and let it sit for 3-4 hours. It doesnt need to ferment like regular idly dosa batter. (But at times I have let it ferment overnight too)
- Before making dosas, add the chopped onion to the batter.
- Make dosa in the regular way.
- Heat the skillet or tawa.
- Once the skillet is hot, spread a ladle full of batter and spread it evenly.
- Apply oil around the corners.
- Let it cook for about a minute.
- Now flip the dosa and let it cook for about 30 to 40 secs.
Yummy and healthy dosa ready. Serve it with chutney/sambhar or milagai podi.
Cross posted at IMC