In US when you order a kids meal you this apple sauce along with the meal in a small bowl. I don’t know if the kiddo likes it or not but I love it. Its perfect food for kids from age 6 months or 5 years. A great way to give apples to kids. You can make this sauce without adding any other ingredients and use it for baking as an egg substitute. Instead of apples you can use pears and make pear sauce too.
I usually go with Gala or red apples for making this sauce. I haven’t tried this with green apples or honey crisp. I am sure any variety of apple would work as we cook them completely. All we have to do is chop the apples and cook them along with some sugar and cinnamon and puree them or mash. Simple and yummy apple sauce is ready within 15 minutes.
Kids Friendly Apple Sauce
- Red Apples - 2
- Cinnamon powder - 1/2 tsp
- Sugar - 2 tbsps. Adjust according to the sweetness of the apple
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Salt - a pinch
- Peel the apple skin and chop into small pieces.
- In a pan add these apples and 1/2 cup of water.
- Let it cook for unto 10 minutes and then add the cinnamon powder and sugar.
- Let it cook for another 5 to 10 minutes or until the apples becomes tender.
- Now allow it cool. Either mash it nicely with a potato masher or puree it in a blender.
- That’s it simple and yummy apple sauce is ready.
You also skip sugar and add maple syrup to enhance the flavor.
Combine one apple and one pear to make yet another flavorful sauce.
[inlinkz_linkup id=533209 mode=1]