For this week’s blogging Marathon, the theme is “Say Cheese”. The first one is simple and a popular dish. A perfect kids friendly dish. I know this is a Mexican dish but I still go with cheddar and mozzarella cheese because of kiddo’s taste preference.
I got to explore about cheese only after coming to US. While in India, I didn’t even realize there are this many cheese varieties. All I knew was Britannia and Amul cheese :-) Paneer is also very rare in our household. I grew up eating typical Brahm food.
My first awwwww moment was in Subway asking what cheese I wanted in my sub. I had no clue about cheddar, pepper jack or swiss cheese. M asked me to go with swiss and I promptly nodded my head. But foodie in me, made to read all about these cheese and their making process.
Here are the two cheese varieties that you find in my fridge. The other ones come and go on required basis.
Cheddar: Ok, coming to cheddar you have multiple varieties with in itself like mild, sharp, yellow, white etc. I usually get the mild yellow cheddar and its kiddo’s favorite. It’s from cow’s milk and one of the most consumed cheese in the world. I used them for quesadilla, any cheese toast, just as snack even.
Mozzarella: This cheese is made from buffalo milk. I usually add them in salads. Mozzarella balls with basil, tomatoes drizzled with balsamic yummmmm.
- Taco sauce – 1 tsp for each tortilla
- Tortilla – 2
- Shredded cheddar and Mozzarella – as required
- First warm the tortillas in the tava for 30 seconds.
- Now spread 1 tsp of taco sauce (adjust according to your taste) on the tortilla.
- Spread both cheddar and mozzarella and fold the tortilla into a semi circle.
- Now place in the tava again and cover and cook for 40 seconds on each side.
- Covering and cooking helps to keep the tortilla soft and cheese melts quickly.
That’s it. Now cut them in triangle shapes and yummy Quesadilla is ready.
- Additional Taco sauce gives unique flavor (resembles taco bell quesadilla)
- You can also add mayo and cheese.
Submitting this post for Blogging Marathon #48 – A 3 day marathon for 4 weeks
Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging marathoner doing BM#48