Welcome to the 10th day of baking Mania. Yayyy I have successfully crossed 10 days. 16 more days to go :-)
Today I am replicating one of the restaurant menu. Whenever we goto Olive Garden we order this stuffed mushrooms. We got to make it vegetarian though. Then one day I decided why can’t it try it at home with pesto sauce. Gave it shot and it came out really well. Its great party starter. If you planning for a Italian menu, this would go well for the starter. Its a very simple dish which can be prepared in 20 minutes. For this dish we need only the mushroom caps, not the stems. But mushroom cleaning is not as hard as banana flower cleaning. ;-)
Couple of things note if you making it for a party/potluck:
- If you are making this for potluck, prepare this dish as the last one.
- You can keep in warm mode in the oven and before serving you can bake it for 15 minutes.
Baked Stuffed Mushrooms with Pesto
- Mini Bella / Brown mushrooms – 12
- Pesto – 1/4 cup
- Panko bread crumbs with Italian herbs – 1/4 cup (If you don’t have this style, use regular bread crumbs but sprinkle 1 tsp of oregano on top)
- Cheese of your choice – 1/4 cup or as required
- Extra virgin olive oil – to drizzle
- Pre heat the oven to 350 degree F.
- Clean the mushrooms with damp cloth and remove the stems. We are going to use only the caps.
- After removing the stems, fill the mushrooms with pesto and then with panko bread crumbs.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top and drizzle the olive oil.
- Place them in the baking tray covered with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Bake it for 15 mts in the pre heated oven.
Thats it . Yummy baked mushrooms are ready. A great bite sized snack, serve it hot with Marinara.