Welcome to the 19th day of Baking Marathon.
Actually this recipe was not in my list for this baking marathon. M suggested to do this and here is the post. When my no knead light wheat bread came out well, M asked me to try this bread pudding. One more reason to add too. There was some left over condensed milk. Instead of using it for kheer I went ahead with this pudding. A simple dessert in 40 minutes… Nahhh 15 minutes. 30 minutes is for baking so we can relax. ;-)
Baked Eggless Bread Pudding
- Bread slices – 5 to 6
- Condensed Milk – 1/2 can close to 7 oz
- Milk – 2 cups
- Hand full of raisins
- Elaichi / Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
- Saffron – a pinch (optional)
- Pre heat the oven to 350 degree F.
- I am using the serve ware itself to bake as we don’t need to re shift.
- So grease the vessel with oil or butter.
- Remove the edges from the bread and chop them into small pieces.
- Now microwave the milk for a minute and when it is luke warm add the condensed milk and reheat for a minute.
- Make sure the condensed milk mixed well with the milk.
- Add elaichi powder and saffron to this milk and pour it slowly on the bread.
- Add the raisins and bake it for unto 30-35 minutes.
That’s it yummy bread pudding is ready.