Welcome to the 17th day of Bakia Mania.
When you are in silicon valley, you are not only surrounded by IT companies and start ups but also with Indian restaurants. Just goto Fremont hub minimum 10 Indian restaurants. One among them is Go Chatzzz and me and Vaandu love it. If we both go for outing Jamba Juice and lunch or dinner in this place will be a must. This restaurant serves paneer starter called “Awadhi Paneer” which grilled marinated paneer. We love this dish very much. This made to look into the Awadhi cuisine and OMG. Learning a lot about Awadhi cuisine and techniques. Its very interesting also. This dish is not exactly Awadhi paneer. I just modified it according to our taste. I am broiling the paneer here not baking. But you can go for baking too. Here is the recipe,
Note: The more you marinate it tastes better. So plan accordingly. I usually marinate in the morning before going to work and broil it in the night.
- Yogurt (I took greek yogurt) – 2 cups
- Chat masala – 1 tbsp
- Garam masala – 1 tsp
- Red chilly powder – 1tbsp
- Jal Jeera Masala – 1 tsp (I am in love with this masala, so I use it for all my chat items ;-) )
- Paneer – 12 oz (1 packet)
- Colored Mini Bell peppers – 5-6 (you need 1 cup)
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Chop the paneer and bell peppers into square shapes.
- Beat the yogurt well and add the masalas.
- Add the chopped paneer and bell peppers and mix well.
- Wrap with food wrapper and refrigerate it for 4-5 hrs. (I keep it for 8 hours)
- After the marination, remove the paneer and peppers (Save the yogurt) and broil them at high temperature for 15 minutes and in low temperature for 5 mts.
- Thats it yummy tandoori paneer is ready.
Serve it with ketchup and the marinated yogurt.
Note: We love the charred taste, so I broil them. You can also bake for 30 minutes.