Rice n Cheese n Veggie balls is a simple after school snack with the ingredients that you can find easily in the super market. This can serve as great appetizer for a party too. You can substitute the green chillies with pepper powder and this recipe is a great way to sneak in the vegetables.. Basically this dish is from Jaya TV’s arusuvai neram with little variation in the ingredients. I added more veggies to this recipe. My little one just loves this dish without any sauce. It is easy to pack and really goes well for lunch box.
- Cooked Rice: 1 cup
- Any cheese shredded – ¼ cup (I prefer mozzarella or mild cheddar)
- Grated carrots – 1 tbsp
- Grated Cauliflower – 1 tbsp
- Green chilly – 1 (Deseeded and chopped) or Black pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Mustard seed powder – 1/2 tsp
- All purpose /Maida flour – 1.5 tbsps
- Oil for frying.
- Water – 2 tbsps
- Mix all the ingredients except water and all purpose flour. (And of course oil)
- Now add the flour and slowly add water and mix well. (The consistency should be thick)
- Make small/ medium sized balls
- Meanwhile teat the oil in the kadai.
- Fry 3-4 rice balls in one batch in medium heat till they turn golden brown.
That’s it. Rice n cheese n veggie balls are ready. Serve hot with ketchup or tomato sauce.