After a 2 day break, I am back again with Feb month blogging marathon – 3 day marathon for 4 weeks. But I am doing only 2 weeks this time. This week theme is “Meal for One – Bachelor friendly recipes”. The three recipes that I am going to post is what I cook for myself when my hubby travels. Until last year, M used to travel a lot that too for a month long(Thankfully no more travel) Mostly I survive just on kiddo’s food and rasam. I will not be able to spend too much time on kitchen with kiddo around. So I tried to make one pot dishes which can be prepared less than 30 mts.
The first dish is potato-capsicum rice. The key ingredient is the vaangi bath powder. I don’t add any other masalas. This gives an unique taste to the rice. I use the store bought vaangi bath powder only. It comes in handy for bisi bele bath and for some curries also.
Ok enough writing, here is the recipe.
- Basmati Rice – 1 cup
- Oil – 2 tbsps
- Mustard seeds – 2 tsps
- Jeera/Cumin seeds – 2 tsps
- Half of medium onion finely chopped
- 1 big potato – finely chopped
- 1 Green Capsicum – finely chopped
- Cilantro finely chopped – 2 tsps
- Vaangi Bath Powder – 1 tbsp
- Salt – 2 tsps
- Heat the pressure cooker or pressure pan and add oil.
- Add mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- As they start to splutter, add chopped onions.
- Now add the chopped potatoes and capsicum. Let it cook for 2 minutes.
- Then add salt and vaangi bath powder. This is the key ingredient.
- Add chopped cilantro and the washed rice and mix well.
- Add 2 cups of water and pressure cook for unto 3 whistles.
Serve hot with raita or vadagams.
Submitting this post for Blogging Marathon #49 – A 3 day marathon for 4 weeks
Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging marathoner doing BM#49