I love cheese and lettuce wraps and when we saw the chicken wraps in the PF Chang’s menu, we converted it to Tofu wrap and we loved it. It was yummy and crunchy. I thought of reproducing the same at home. It came out pretty good. Water chestnuts is the key ingredient which gives you the crunchiness. This wrap is sweet and salt with a hint of spiciness.
PF Chang's style - Tofu Lettuce Wraps
- Extra firm tofu – 1 whole pack
- Water chestnuts – 8 oz can
- Crush peanuts – 3 tbsps
- Lettuce leaves – 4-5 (according to number of servings)
- Soy sauce – 2 tbsps
- Palm sugar – 2 tsps
- Mirin – 1 tsp
- Red chilli sauce – 1 tsp
- Rice vinegar – 1/2 tsp
- Scallions – fine chopped 2 tbsps
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Press the tofu and try to get as much as water out.
- Chop them into small size cubes.
- Chop the water chestnuts also into small cubes.
- Heat the kadai and add oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add the chopped scallions and sauté for a minute.
- Now add the tofu and let it cook till all the moisture is absorbed.
- Now add the water chestnuts and mix well.
- One by one add all the sauces including sugar and mix well.
- Let it cook till the mixture turns brown.
That’s it now the filling is ready.
- Wash the lettuce leaves and fill them with the tofu mixture and drizzle the peanuts.
- You can serve them as open lettuce cups or wrap them into a roll.
Submitting this post for Blogging Marathon #48 – A 3 day marathon for 4 weeks
Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging marathoner doing BM#48