The second bread stub that I am doing is Makki Di Roti in South Indian Style and using white corn meal. I usually get white corn meal for dusting for pizza stone. Apart from corn bread and pudding, I use it for making this roti. I make it similar to ragi roti. Usually we have this with Sarson ki Saag, but as I am making this in south Indian Style, the side dish is also South Indian style spinach curry :-)
Makki di Roti using white corn meal
- Corn meal (white or yellow) – 1.5 cups
- Wheat flout – 1/2 cup
- Salt – 2 tsps
- Small onion / Shallots – 5 (finely chopped)
- Green chillies – 2 (finely chopped)
- Cilantro – 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Oil for making roti
- Water – 1/2 cup (as required).
- Mix the corn meal, salt and wheat flour nicely.
- Now add the chopped onions, green chillies and cilantro and mix well.
- Now slowly add water and mix them well to form a dough. (Good thing about this roti is it doesn’t need to sit for a long time)
- As I don’t get banana leaf, I go with zip loc for rolling process. Apply some oil in the zip loc cover.
- Make small balls from the dough and press it in the zip loc and spread it out into thin roti as much as you can.
- Heat the tawa and cook the roti in a usual way by applying oil. Usually this roti takes 1.5 to 2 minutes to get cooked.
Thats it, yummy and crispy roti is ready.
Submitting this post for Blogging Marathon #48 – A 3 day marathon for 4 weeks
Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging marathoner doing BM#48