I am back with a veggie and plant-protein loaded meal planner with seasonal fruits and vegetables. There is a lot of chopping and soaking involved. So let’s get straight to it.
Before getting into this week’s meal plan, I want to share if I was able to follow my last week’s meal planner to T. Unfortunately, I fell sick, and we ended up making more rasams, and I couldn’t stick to meal plan. But I did use all my vegetables, which is a good thing. You see, no wastage, and that’s my ultimate goal. :-) Also, I was able to test my new soup recipe. Stay tuned for the recipe; I will post it on my blog soon.
Seasonal Meal Planner:
I am still in the recovering phase, but I decided to pump up our vegetable intake. So this week, you will find more veggies, two per day again, and also recipes with seasonal veggies and fruits like butternut squash, pumpkin, persimmons, and apples.
This week, I am repeating some of the veggies in this week like ivy gourd and cabbage. If you don’t like repetition, then you can opt for different vegetables. Even if I buy small cabbage, it comes for atleast two meals. I make curry one time and kootu the next time.
Rice Substitutes: You can swap rice with any plant-based rice, millets, quinoa, brown rice, or any complex carbs of your choice.
- If you have all your veggies ready, making two to three sides is not a hassle. So make sure to chop all the vegetables.
- Soak garbanzo beans and black chickpeas and refrigerate. You can let it sprout as well.
- Make cauliflower rice.
- Make tamarind paste for tamarind rice.
Menu For This Week:
- The breakfast is going to simple. It’s oatmeal for the kiddo with cut apples as the side, and for us, it will be oats and apple smoothie. I will share my smoothie recipe also. I know I have a lot to share. :-)
- For dinner, it’s cauliflower rice with cucumber salad and chole. And finally, I have posted the cauliflower rice recipe. Please do check it out.
- Breakfast is the humble rava upma or semolina upma.
- Lunch is the mixed vegetable quesadilla. It will more like mushroom jalapeno quesadilla, but I will be adding more veggies as well.
- Dinner is the mixed vegetable sambar with brinjal curry.
- I am opting for avocado toast for breakfast. The internet is flooded with avocado toast recipe, but I am yet to post mine. I want to add some Indian flavors to it. I will test a couple more times, and I will share it here.
- During 2016, 2017, I used to make this ivy gourd and chickpeas rice often. But in recent times, I completely forgot about it. It’s the kadale manoli recipe, but I mix it with rice and call it as kadale manoli rice. :-) Spinach raita recipe is also coming soon.
- As always, Wednesdays are my recipe testing days. This week I am planning to roast butternut squash in different ways with different seasoning. Let’s see what gets approved. You can find the yellow paneer curry recipe on the blog. Don’t expect a Thai style recipe here. It’s completely Indianised.
- It’s sattu porridge for us and pancakes for the kiddo. A few of my followers asked for a sattu porridge recipe, and I made a video as well. I hope to publish it soon on my YouTube channel. So stay tuned.
- For lunch, it is the pressure cooker bisi bele bath with chayote squash/chow chow kootu.
- Dinner is our favorite vathal kuzhambu with okra curry and chow chow kootu from lunch.
- Back to the “paratha Fridays,” and this week is the cabbage paratha for breakfast and lunch.
- For dinner, back to the comforting rasam rice and ivy gourd curry.
I hope this menu planner helps, and you all can draw some inspiration. If you have any questions, please leave a comment below. I will share the daily updates on my Instagram and my FB group. So stay connected!