Here is the side that I prepare for the Ethiopian Injera which is the dosa style bread using Teff Flour.For the dhal I went with the yellow split pea dal recipe. Its a very simple recipe where we cook the channa dal in onion and ginger garlic paste with Turmeric powder.
- Yellow Split Peas / Channa Dal - 1/2 cup
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Onion - 1 finely chopped
- Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Water - 4 cups
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Green Chilly - 1 finely chopped
- Red Bell Pepper - 2 tbsps chopped
- Soak the dal in 1 cup of water for 1 hr or at least 30 minutes.
- Heat the kadai and add oil.
- Once the oil is hot add the chopped green chilly and the ginger garlic paste.
- Cook till the raw smell goes and then add the chopped onions.
- Cook till the onions are translucent.
- Add the bells peppers and sauté for couple of minutes.
- Now add the soaked dal, salt and turmeric and also the remaining 3 cups of water.
- Bring it to boil and if required add more water.
- Cook till the dal becomes soft and tender.