This recipe was earlier sent for IMC’s Treasure Box. I really loved the october month treasure box. It’s the Gandhi Jayanthi special box and we got the khadi paper and our designer beautifully designed a warli craft. We all Loved it. Here is the box that we got. The recipe that got sent in this box was this Banana-Biscuit Halwa.
When we have ripe bananas at home, we usually add it to smoothie. Instead we can make this simple halwa in less than 30 minutes with just 5 simple ingredients. A great way to use left over bananas and biscuits. This time when I was in Chennai, I got to taste this recipe at M’s aunts place. It was so yum. I got the recipe from his chitthi and tried this and sent it for Treasure Box.
- Ripe Bananas – 6
- Biscuits (Parle G or Good Day or your choice) – 6 (I used good day biscuits)
- Ghee – 2 tbsps.
- Sugar – 3 tbsps.
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Food color – 1/2 tsp (optional)
- Peel the bananas and cut into halves.
- Crumble the biscuits and add it to the bananas and mash them nicely with your hand.
- Make sure the banana and biscuits mix well.
- Now heat the kadai and add this mashed mixture.
- Add the milk, sugar, ghee and food color if using and mix well.
- Keep stirring for every couple of minutes till it thickens to halwa stage.
- It takes around 10 minutes for it to thicken.