- Peanuts(skin removed) – 1 cup
- Green Chilli – 2 (adjust according to your taste)
- Salt – 2 tsp (adjust according to your taste)
- Tamarind – small gooseberry size ( if using paste, 2 tsp)
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Soak the Tamarind in water and extract the juice measuring 1/4 cup. If you are paste dilute the 2 tsp in 1/4 cup of water.
- Slit the green chillies into two.
- Heat the pan/kadai and add oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add peanuts and green Chillies and roast them till the peanuts turn slight brown in color.
- Let it cool down.
- Grind the peanuts, green chillies along with salt by adding tamarind water and additional ¼ water.
- If you want thin consistency, you can add more water.
And thats it, yummy peanut chutney is ready.