Instead of preparing fried rice or noodles to go with my Kung Pao Tofu, I went with Jasmine rice with sautéed celery and green onions.
- Jasmine Rice: 1 cup
- Water – 2 cups
- Celery Stalk – 1
- Green onions – 2
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Pepper powder – 2 tsps
- Peanut oil – 1 tsp
- Roasted white sesame seeds for garnishing.
- Cook the rice in your preferred way by adding salt.
- Heat the kadai and add oil.
- Once the oil is hot add the chopped green onions and chopped celery.
- Add the pepper powder and cook them till the veggies are soft and tender. (I like it to be crunchy)
- Now mix this with the cooked rice.
Yummy sticky rice with green veggies is ready.