I made loads of green chutney for this sodappal fix for my paruppu vadai. Instead of using it for chats, I wanted to try it with some other recipes too. And here is one inspired by chili-cheese toast which is very simple, easy and a kids friendly recipe. Vaandu loved it a lot. And made two batches of it and all gone within short span of time. Here is the recipe. Its a simple 3 ingredient fix :-)
- Bread slice – 6
- Green chutney – ¾ cup
- Shredded mild cheddar cheese – 1 cup (you can increase more as per your taste)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degree F.
- Slice the bread diagonally to get a triangle shaped toast or you can leave the bread as is.
- Spread the green chutney evenly on the slices.
- Sprinkle about 2 tsps of cheddar cheese on top of each slice.
- In a cookie tray
- Either grease it with cooking oil spray and place these bread slices
- Or fold a aluminium foil around the tray and place these bread slices
- Bake them for about 10-12 minutes, till the cheese melts and serve hot.
Linking back to No Food Waste Challenge
What a lovely take on the traditional cheese on toast – love it! Thank you for sharing with the no waste food challenge!
Ohh so yummy!!
Chitra Jagadish says
Love green chutney toast and this looks yummylicious. … :) :)
Thanks chitra. .
Traditionally Modern Food says
Cheese sandwich Sven I love it:-) super sri
Thanks vidya.. yeah I love it too
Aruna Panangipally says
Best way to add spice to a sandwich!
Yeah thanks aruna
Vidhya i searched in ur blog for any green chutney recipe. But its not there. First of all, I want to know how to make green chutney for this. :-)
I linked it de.. either ways will send you d link little later
Super cool, not only for kids, I can have it as much as you give me ;)
Yup very true.. we loved it too :-)