I made loads of green chutney for this sodappal fix for my paruppu vadai. Instead of using it for chats, I wanted to try it with some other recipes too. And here is one inspired by chili-cheese toast which is very simple, easy and a kids friendly recipe. Vaandu loved it a lot. And made two batches of it and all gone within short span of time. Here is the recipe. Its a simple 3 ingredient fix :-)
- Bread slice – 6
- Green chutney – ¾ cup
- Shredded mild cheddar cheese – 1 cup (you can increase more as per your taste)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degree F.
- Slice the bread diagonally to get a triangle shaped toast or you can leave the bread as is.
- Spread the green chutney evenly on the slices.
- Sprinkle about 2 tsps of cheddar cheese on top of each slice.
- In a cookie tray
- Either grease it with cooking oil spray and place these bread slices
- Or fold a aluminium foil around the tray and place these bread slices
- Bake them for about 10-12 minutes, till the cheese melts and serve hot.
Linking back to No Food Waste Challenge