Rajma and Chawal is a very popular combo. For my Slow Cooker Rajma, Instead of plain rice I prepared this brinji rice with bay leaves, crushed cardamom, cloves and cinnamon with a hint of mint leaves. I didn’t add any onions but you can always add onions and increase the quantity of mint leaves.
You can find both the recipes in the combo post also.
- Basmati Rice – 1 cup
- Mint leaves – 2 tbsps (Finely Chopped)
- Bay leaves – 3
- Cardamom – 3
- Cloves – 3
- Cinnamon – 1 inch stick
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Fennel Seeds – ½ tsp
- Water – 1.5 cups
- Soak the basmati rice for 10 minutes.
- Crush the cardamom, cinnamon and cloves.
- Wash the rice and pressure cook it by adding 1.5 cups of water.
- Heat the kadai and add oil.
- Once the oil is hot add the bay leaves and fennel seeds.
- As they start to splutter add the crushed masala.
- Now add the mint leaves and salt.
- Let it cook for couple of minutes and turn off the heat.
- Now add the cooked rice and mix well.
- You cook the rice in your desired way. We don’t need to pressure cook it always.
Taylor Parker says
The Biranji looks so tasty! My neighbors made a dish just like this when we went over to visit once. It tasted so good, but I’ve never been able to duplicate it! These instructions are so easy though! I will have to give this a try in the near future. I’m so excited! http://www.royalindia.com.au
Srividhya G says
Thank you. Glad you liked it. :-)