Today’s post is not related to Blogging Marathon but a guest post from Jayashree of Evergreen dishes. I came across Jayashree’s blog in google plus and we slowly started to converse via blogs and then in FB. :-) One fine day she pinged me and as we were chatting, she asked me if she can do a guest post for me. I was super elated and agreed right away. I love her blog and she has compiled over 100 useful cooking tips and hints as an e-book.
Here is her website and other social media information,
Over to Jayashree..
I am Jayashree from evergreendishes.com. It is indeed nice to meet many bloggers who turn out to be good friends. Srividhya is one of them, whom I have met in the blogosphere and found to be a friendly and warm person. Our cooking seem to be the same kind, vegetarian and south Indian. When I saw that she accepts guests posts, I decided to write one for Vidhyas Vegetarian Kitchen, but did really take sometime. I was busy with other things at home and hence the delay. Thank you Srividhya for putting my post here.
Today, I am sending to you all nutritious granola bars. These bars are just too good and ideal for children. It can be given in the mornings or as a snack in the evenings. It is a blend of dry fruits with oats and cornflakes. Hence, anybody can have these energy bars.
- Cooking Oats 1 cup
- Corn flakes 1 cup
- Dry fruits ¾ cup ( cashew, almonds and pista ¼ cup each )
- Raisins ¼ cup
- Melon seeds ¼ cup
- Sugar 1 cup
- Ghee 1tsp
- Crush the corn flakes and keep it aside.
- Lightly roast the oats, dry fruits and melon seeds separately. Let them cool
- Mix raisin and corn flakes along with the above ingredients.
- Grease a plate with ghee and keep it aside.
- In a thick bottom pan, caramelize the sugar. Keep stirring. Let it turn to a golden brown color.
- Remove from fire and the mixture.
- Spread it quickly with the back of a spoon. Alternately, you can put it on platform and roll with a rolling pin.
- Cut into squares . Granola bars are ready.
When cool, store in an airtight container.
Take a note :
- You can alter the measurements of dry fruits.
- Walnuts can also be added.
- Do add a little more sugar, if you need.