Flavored Snow Cones and Shaved ice are very popular during summer in California. When we were in Folsom, outlets was just 5 miles from my house. Got so used to outlets and it became like just another shop for me. I am missing it badly now. (But luckily they opened one in Livermore, so I don’t need to travel far ;-)) Ok now coming to the dish, during summer they sell lemon flavored shaved ice in the outlets. I always get one while entering the outlets and will be munching and sipping it throughout my shopping. Lemon, sugar and ice.. Can it go wrong? Heavenly during summer months.
Actually snow cones are very popular in Hawaii too. You get crazy flavors and you can combine multiple flavors. I had my first snow cone in Hawaii.
As I don’t have snow cone machine nor ice shaver, so I am going with crushed ice. :-) :-)
American Street Food - Lemon flavored Shaved Ice
- Medium sized Lemons – 2
- Water – 3 cups
- Sugar – 5-6 tbsps
- Crushed Ice – 3 cups
- Heat 3 cups of water.
- As the water boils, add the sugar and let it dissolve.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool.
- Now add the freshly squeezed lemon juice from the two lemons.
- The lemon syrup is now ready.
- I just pulsed the ice to make it crushed ice. ;-)
- In the serving glass, fill the quarter cup with the lemon syrup and then fill it crushed ice.
- Drizzle the lemon syrup again on the top.
Adjust the sugar and lemon syrup according to your taste.
Submitting this post for Blogging Marathon #48 – A 3 day marathon for 4 weeks
Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging marathoner doing BM#48