Kiddo is soup lover and he happily takes it for lunch. Soup is the easy way to sneak in vegetables and beans. This soup can be prepared fast and you can vary the vegetables as per your taste. When you don’t feel like making soup from scratch, this will be one of your option. You can use home made vegetable broth or store bought too. Same with garbanzo beans. You can use store bought one or prepare it home. Easy soup loaded with carbs (pasta) and protein.
Vegetable Soup with Garbanzo beans & Pasta
Prep Work: If you are not using canned beans, soak 1/4 cup of garbanzo beans overnight and pressure cook them by adding 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Low Sodium Vegetable Broth – 1 Can
- Onion – 1/2 of medium sized
- Carrot – 1
- Celery – 2 stalks
- Beans – 7-8
- Salt – as per taste
- Pepper powder – as per taste
- Bay leaf – 1
- Garlic – 2 gloves
- Oil – 2tsps
- Jeera – 1 tbsp
- Garbanzo beans – 1 can
- Petite pasta (any shape) – 1/2 cup
- Chop the onion, carrot and celery into small cubes
- Heat the casserole or kadai, in which you are going to make the soup and add oil.
- Now add Jeera and bay leaf.
- Crush the garlic and add when Jeera splutters.
- Sauté it for 2 minutes and then add onion and fry them till they turn golden brown.
- Now add the celery,beans, carrot and sauté them for 5 minutes.
- Add the whole can of Vegetable broth, the beans and the pasta.
- Add salt and pepper powder.
- Allow it to simmer for 20-25 minutes till the vegetables and pasta gets cooked.
Add butter (if you like) before serving.
Jeera and Bay leaf adds a different flavor to this soup. You can vary it with different veggies.
Packing it for lunch: I usually pack pastas and soups in these thermos and it keeps the food warm. When I pack soup, I make sure I pack crackers too. So today its peanut butter cracker.
Submitting this post for Blogging Marathon #45 – A 3 day marathon for 4 weeks
Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#45
submitting this for kids delight0