It’s time for guest post. This month it’s going to be a 4 in 1 recipe post by Paula Hughes of ChewTheWorld. She has an amazing blog and when she emailed regarding guest post, I agreed right away. I was super elated to get these four recipes in one post. Paula Hughes is the founder of ChewTheWorld (http://chewtheworld.com/), a handy blog, concentrated on food delights, tips, and tricks on preparing the best meals, getting the best kitchen gadgets, and being the better chef. You can find many interesting recipes, top lists of kitchen stuff, and in-depth guides on everything related to the kitchen. From baking, cooking, and roasting, Paola and her associates will help you find the perfect treat, the perfect recipe, and the ideal solution.
I would like to thank her for this wonderful post and without any further delay, here is the post.
Healthy living start with what you eat. Proper diet is essential to human development. This can be achieved through regular exercise and simple healthy recipes. We are going to review some of the best healthy recipes and tips one may use. Most of these recipes may be prepared on slow cookers and little preparation time needed.
Quinoa with Asian Flavors:
Quinoa is one of the best recipes one may adapt. Cook it in a rice cooker with green onions, soy sauce, veggie/chicken broth, garlic and ginger. This is all you need and you have a delicious side dish. Quinoa goes well with seafood, fish and chicken. The following are the ingredients that you require:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce.
- 1 minced clove garlic
- 2 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 1 tablespoon of minced fresh ginger root
- 2 chopped green onions
- Put the olive oil in a medium heating saucepan, mix in quinoa allowing it to toast for 3 minutes, add garlic, ginger, vegetable broth and soy sauce.
- Increase the heat and bring it to boil. Cover the food and reduce the heat.
- Simmer for 25 to 30 minutes to allow all liquid to be absorbed.
- Add green onions. The food is now ready to serve.
Apple Banana Smoothie:
If you are intending to prepare a healthy fruit drink, then going for a smooth apple banana fruit juice will be perfect. The following are the ingredients that you will need:
- 1 peeled and chopped frozen banana
- 1 peeled, chopped and cored gala apple
- ¼ cup milk
- orange juice cup
- Combine orange juice, milk, apple and frozen banana in a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve into glasses.
Stir Fried Kale:
This is a perfect way of combining greens to come up with a main dish, side dish or even salad.
- 1 chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 cup of bread crumbs
- 3 bunch of washed, dried and shredded kale
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- Heat olive oil in a medium to high heat in a frying pan. Add garlic and onions, cook until soft
- Add in breadcrumb, stir until brown
- Mix in kale, cook and stir until wilted. Ready to serve with either rice or as salad
Quinoa and Black Beans:
This is a suitable alternative to the common black beans and rice. One may substitute rice with quinoa.
- 1 chopped onion
- cup of quinoa
- 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil
- 1 cup of frozen kernels
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 3 cloves of chopped garlic
- 2 cans of rinsed and drained black beans
- cup of chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil over medium heat in a saucepan. Cook and stir garlic and onion for around 10 minutes until brownish.
- Stir quinoa into the garlic mixture and cover with vegetable soup. Sprinkle salt, cumin and pepper. Bring the mixture to boil. Cover and reduce the heat. Rumble until quinoa is soft and soup is absorbed.
- Mix frozen corn into saucepan. Continue to simmer for about 5 minutes. Stir in the cilantro and black beans. Ready to serve.
Feature Image Source: food.com