LET'S GET STARTED
– Heat the pressure pan and add melted ghee. Then add the cashews and raisins. When raisins bulge and cashews turn light brown, transfer it to a plate and set it aside. – Now in the same pan, add melted ghee, moong dal and roast until it turns light brown.
– Turn off the heat as soon as the moong dal turns light brown.
– Now add the washed rice and water.
– Pressure cook. Turn off the heat and let the pressure subside and then open the lid.
– Mash the rice and lentils well.
– Now add the milk, ghee, powdered jaggery, crushed cardamoms, and edible camphor.
– Mix thoroughly and cook the pongal over medium low heat, scraping the bottom and sides from time to time.
– At this stage, add more ghee and cook a bit longer. Then turn off the heat. Again, mix frequently while the pongal is cooking. It will slowly thicken.
– Let it cool a bit and then add the roasted cashews and raisins. Mix well and serve warm!
Hello all, I am Srividhya! Vidhya's Vegetarian Kitchen is all about vegetarian and vegan food with unique and exciting recipes from all over the world.