LET'S GET STARTED
– Wash the rice and drain the water. – Powder sugar candy into a coarse powder.
– Add the washed rice, water, and milk to the Instant Pot. Set it in manual mode, cook and let the pressure release normally.
– Open the lid and mash the rice thoroughly.
– Now set the IP in sauté mode again and add the remaining milk, powdered sugar candy, cardamom powder, and edible camphor.
– Mix well and let it cook until sugar candy is well incorporated. Turn it off or set it to warm mode. Add ghee now (optional).
– Now in a separate tempering pan, heat the ghee. Once the ghee is hot, add the cashews and raisins, and fry until golden brown.
– Add this to the pongal and mix well.
– Garnish with saffron strands and serve warm.
Hello all, I am Srividhya! Vidhya's Vegetarian Kitchen is all about vegetarian and vegan food with unique and exciting recipes from all over the world.