LET'S GET STARTED
– idli-dosa batter – oil For the filling: – oil – mustard seeds – urad dal – chana dal – chilies slit – ginger – asafoetida a pinch – curry leaves – onion – bottle gour – salt – turmeric – cilantro
– Heat a pan or kadai and add the oil. Add the mustard seeds, urad dal, chana dal, and asafoetida. Let it splutter and then add the curry leaves, slit green chilies, ginger and cook. Then add the chopped onion.
– Cook until the onions are soft, and then add the grated bottle gourd, salt, and turmeric.
– Mix well and cover and cook until the bottle gourd is soft and cooked.
– Make sure to mix in between and do not leave it unattended. Remove the lid and cook a bit more until the water evaporates. Add the cilantro and mix well. The filling is now ready. Remove the green chilies and let them cool.
– Heat a well seasoned cast-iron pan, and when it is hot, reduce the heat to medium-low. Take a spoon/ladle full of batter and pour it onto the pan. Spread it evenly but slightly thick. Spread some oil around the edges. Let the top side cook.
– Reduce the heat to low. Now take the prepared lauki masala filling, add it to one side of the dosa, and spread it. Let it cook.
– Gently fold the dosa in half and remove it from the tawa. Enjoy!
Hello all, I am Srividhya 👋 Vidhya's Vegetarian Kitchen is all about vegetarian and vegan food with unique and exciting recipes from all over the world.