LET'S GET STARTED
1 h 10 mins
– Roast the horsegram.
– Pressure cook the horsegram.
– Add the chopped tomato, crushed garlic, tamarind paste, salt, rasam powder, curry leaves, and turmeric powder.
– Add water and mix well. Ensure you mix the tamarind nicely and that there aren’t any lumps.
– Bring this mixture to a gentle simmer.
– Add half of the chopped cilantro and mix.
– Let the rasam simmer for a bit longer, then add the ground horsegram, stock water, and water. Mix well. Check for taste, and if needed, add salt. At this stage, you can add jaggery if using.
– Reduce the heat and simmer the rasam until it’s frothy. – Turn off the heat. In a separate tempering pan, heat the ghee or oil, and when it’s hot, add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, and asafoetida. When the mustard seeds splutter, add them to the rasam.
Hello all, I am Srividhya! Vidhya's Vegetarian Kitchen is all about vegetarian and vegan food with unique and exciting recipes from all over the world.