Easy Banana Splits
Jazz up your summer parties with this super easy and delicious banana splits - A five-ingredient fix that you can whip up in less than 30 minutes. You can't say no to this oh-so-delicious banana with ice-cream and chocolate topped with nuts.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
- 2 banana long yellow variety, firm and sweet
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 5 almonds unsalted
- 10 pistachios deshelled and unsalted
- 8 tbsp vanilla ice cream 4 scoops approx or as required
Pulse the almonds and pistachios coarsely and set it aside. We need approx 1/2 tbsp of each banana split.
Take the 1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds at the high setting and remove it from the microwave. Using a spoon mix, it vigorously and melt it again for 30 to 45 seconds until the chocolate melts. You don't need more than 90 seconds to melt this 1/2 cup of chocolate chips. Make sure you stir for every 30 seconds.
Peel the bananas and cut them into half. Then slit them lengthwise (1/2 inch) but make sure the banana stays intact. Now pour the melted chocolate in the slit slot. You can drizzle the chocolate all over or just at one corner also.
Sprinkle the crushed nuts and add the ice-cream on top or the side and serve immediately.
- You can adjust the chocolate amount according to your preference. Instead of melted chocolate, you can use chocolate syrup or caramel sauce.
- If you have nut allergies, you can skip the nuts and add cherries or dried fruits instead.
- Vanilla ice-cream pairs well with banana and chocolate, but you can use other ice-creams of your choice. I love caramel ice-cream too.
- If you are planning to take these for pool parties, you can add the melted chocolate and let it set. Then pack the banana with chocolate. Before serving, you can add the ice-cream and crushed nuts.
- If you are using small bananas, you don't need to cut the bananas into half.
Calories: 265kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 14mg | Sodium: 27mg | Potassium: 432mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 160IU | Vitamin C: 5.1mg | Calcium: 61mg | Iron: 1.7mg