Creamy Beet and Corn Salad
A colorful and creamy beet & corn salad. Learn how to cook beetroot and corn in your Instant Pot & make this crunchy salad.
Prep Time30 mins
Cook Time8 mins
Chilling Time1 hr
Total Time1 hr 38 mins
- 1 lb beetroot either two medium ones or 4 small ones, edges trimmed and peeled
- 1 corn on the cob husks removed and thoroughly washed
- ¼ cup onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ¼ cup cilantro finely chopped
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
Cook the Beets & Corn:
Place the whole beets and corn on the steamer rack. Pour 1.5 cups of water to the inner pot of the Instant Pot and place the trivet.
Then place the steamer rack with beet and corn. Close the lid and make the sure the vent is in the sealing position — Cook the vegetables at high pressure, manual mode for 4 minutes. Quickly release the pressure and remove the corn carefully using a tong.
Close the lid again, and make sure the vent is in the sealing position. Now cook the beets high pressure, manual mode for 4 minutes.
When the cooking is complete, release the pressure quickly. Carefully remove the beets from the steamer rack and let it cool for about 30 minutes.
Assemble the Salad:
Remove the corn kernels using a knife or using any kernel remover. Cut the beets into small pieces.
In a mixing bowl, add the cut beets, corn kernels, onion, sugar, salt, olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, mayonnaise, cilantro, and ground pepper. Mix thoroughly.
Refrigerate it for an hour and serve chill.
- You can use your preferred mayo for this recipe also make it vegan by adding vegan mayo.
- Skip the mayo and make it a light salad. Just add 1/2 more tbsp of olive oil in that case.
- Sugar is optional.
- Adjust the salt and pepper, according to your preference.
Calories: 120kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 493mg | Potassium: 296mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 100IU | Vitamin C: 6.4mg | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 0.7mg