No Onion No Garlic Veg Pulav | Instant Pot Recipe
A mild mixed vegetable pulav made in Instant Pot without any onion or garlic. A perfect and a sattvic recipe to make on any auspicious day.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Soaking Time15 mins
Total Time35 mins
- 1 tbsp ghee melted
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cardamom
- 3 cloves
- 3 cinnamon sticks small ones as how in the video
- 2 green chilies slit into two
- 20 mint leaves
- 1/4 cilantro finely chopped
- 3/4 cup mixed vegetables I used potatoes, carrot and green beans
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup basmati rice washed and soaked for 15 mts and drained
- 1 1/3 cup water
Set the Instant Pot in saute mode and when the display shows hot, add the ghee, followed by cumin seeds, bay leaf, cardamom, cloves, and cinnamon. Fry for 20 to 30 seconds and then add the slit green chilies and mix.
Then add the mint leaves and cilantro and cook for 30 seconds or until they wilt.
Next, add the mixed vegetables and gently mix.
Then add the turmeric powder and salt. Mix again and let it cook for a couple of minutes.
Next, add the basmati rice and the water. Mix gently.
Press the cancel button and then close the Instant Pot lid and make sure the vent is in the sealing position. Press the “Rice” preset button and when the cooking is complete, allow the pressure to release naturally.
Carefully open the lid after releasing the pressure and allow the pulav to cool for 5 minutes. Then fluff it up with a fork or spatula.
Serve it hot with yogurt or raita.
- I made it without onion or garlic, but you can include both. If using them, after adding the spices, add the onion and garlic. Saute them first before adding the mint leaves.
- Adjust the veggies, spices, and salt according to your preference.
- Instead of ghee, you can use regular oil and make it vegan.
Calories: 247kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 9mg | Sodium: 827mg | Potassium: 191mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 1945IU | Vitamin C: 8.2mg | Calcium: 71mg | Iron: 1.8mg