Rotimatic Beetroot Puri
Yummylicious and gorgeous pinkish beetroot poori made in Rotimatic - a recipe that pleases your palate both visually and tastewise.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time20 mins
- 3 cups Whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup Coarse Semolina
- 1 tbsp Beets powder
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- Water - as required to fill the water container of rotimatic
- 2 cups Oil - for frying and as needed to fill the oil container of rotimatic rotimatic use less than 1/4tsp of oil for each puri
In a wide bowl, add all the ingredients.
Mix it thoroughly.
Transfer it to the flour container of rotimatic.
Now start the rotimatic and select the puri option and the flour. I used Aashirvaad Select.
Select your thickness, roast level, and oil. I kept everything to the minimum. You can see the setting level above.
Select the count and let the rotimatic do its magic.
Meanwhile, you can heat the oil for frying.
As purimatic pushes the pressed poori, you can fry them right away if not store them in a covered casserole and fry when required.
Purimatic Setting and the flour I used:
I went with Aashirvaad Select wheat flour, and coarse semolina for preparing this poori and here is the setting that I used,
- As I mentioned, instead of beets powder you can use any vegetable or fruit powder or skip them entirely.
- Once the oil for frying hot, reduce the heat to medium. Fry the poori over medium heat for even cooking.
- Slightly press the poori with the ladle while frying for the puffiness. Also, I did not add the salt to the water.
- I added it directly to the flour. You can add it to the water as well.
- Recipe: Puri
- Flour: Aashirvaad Select
- Thickness: 1
- Roast: 1
- Oil: 1
Calories: 999kcal | Carbohydrates: 164g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 1166mg | Potassium: 252mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 1g | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 9.9mg